Bee for August

 

Jill, the Bee Queen for August, asked us to make flower blocks using raw edge appliqué with a freezer paper technique. This was all brand new to me and it was with a bit of trepidation that I began because this was something I've seen but never done before. But, for me anyway, the reason for being in the Bee is to try new things and learn new ways of making blocks. 

Jill asked for one block as a white daisy on a pastel background and the second block also a pastel background but colors of our choosing. I made my daisy-on-green first and felt a little uncertain about its quality, so I then made daisy-on-pinkish and liked it a little better. By the time I made Rakish Cosmo, I felt like I was humming.

So I'm going to send all three to Jill, with my appreciation for guiding me into something completely different!

Comments

Barbara Anne said…
Cute daisies and I applaud your brave go at this raw edge piecing! Clearly, you did well. :)

Hugs!
These are pretty. I haven't used freezer paper for applique for a long time.
Nann said…
I'm always attuned to daisies since they are the flower for an organization I'm (deeply) involved in. I really like these bold blossoms! Are the petals individual or all radiating from a common center that is covered by the yellow? And how does the freezer paper technique work?