Two Different Quilts

This quilt has been in progress for far too long! My second grandson has been a Harry Potter fan so I decided to collect FQs of HP fabrics to make a Yellow Brick Road for him. I started it at a retreat and then, when I came to the conclusion that the fabrics, from a couple of different lines, really didn't play nicely together, I set it aside.

My Guild is offering a Badge (like Girl Scouts, only harder) for completing UFOs in four different categories. Just the incentive I needed! I dug this out, finished assembling it, applied a border, sent it to the local machinist and then bound it, and off it goes for Grandson #2's birthday next week.
 

I'd bought most of the fabrics for this quilt some time ago from a source in Japan and I was just waiting for the right idea to use them. Eventually I found a few more violet, gold, and green Japanese flavor FQs and came up with (1) a plan and (2) the right fabric for the lattices. And then it sat until this past July when I had Covid and was feeling sorry for myself and needed something to cheer me up. Hence "the Covid quilt" came about. 

Joe and I both like this quilt so much; fortunately, there are no current potential recipients!

You could click to enlarge and see the fabric details.


Comments

quilltnurs said…
Love them both! Nice work!
Quiltdivajulie said…
TWO finishes - congratulations! I particularly like the COVID quilt. I hope you and Joe keep and enjoy it!
Barbara Anne said…
Wonderful quilts and am so glad you were able to find the many Harry Potter fabrics!

Your beautiful Covid quilt should be a keeper since you and Joe like it so much.

Applause, applause!

Hugs!
Anonymous said…
Would love to see some close(er) ups of your Covid quilt - looks like you get an A+ for using time wisely!

ceci
Nann said…
That'a a great challenge theme. What are the specific categories? And what is the award/badge? [You said your grandson *was* a HP fan. I hope he still is, now that the quilt is finished.]