Bee for June, Wombats, and Foot Update

 

Eileen picked these terrific blocks for her stint as queen. I couldn't sew on my machine because of the boot on my right foot, and I appealed to the hive for help.

Polly, Lisa, and Elissa each offered to make an extra block on my behalf, so instead of two blocks, Eileen got three "from me." These are the ones Polly made.

I've noticed over the past several weeks that Facebook is providing me with an abundance of posts about wombats, of all things, from several different sites including a lot from a wombat rescue place in Australia. For as long as I've been on FB, there have been many, many ads for socks, without explanation, so I just imagined that these wombats were FB's newest fetish.

I was mistaken.

Eileen's blocks, and Ruth's the previous month, had both come from the same website, Wombat Quilts! So much for the question about tracking . . . .  They seem to think anyone who likes wombats also would like capybaras, because I've had a lot of them as well. And what's not to like?

And about Wombat Quilts, it's a fabulous site with both free and for-purchase paper-pieced patterns. I've used it in the past when I needed something special.

In other news, I saw Dr. Foot yesterday. After eight booted weeks, I was hopeful that I was healed. Turns out I am somewhat healed. I was granted permission to sometimes not wear the boot at home but to always where it when leaving the house, I was prescribed physical therapy (and on the way home stopped and made six appointments, and I was told what kind of shoes I must wear for ever going forward and provided the name of a special store Not Far From Philadelphia where my needs would be met. 

Step by step, as a friend said.


Comments

Barbara said…
Use your left foot to drive the sewing machine. That's what I did when I broke my ankle in 1999. I've never gone back to using my right foot.
Quiltdivajulie said…
I learned to sew left-footed when my right knee flared up a few years back. Now I can sew with either foot which is kind of nice. Glad you've progressed to PT level - I was relegated to "neutral" New Balance shoes years back due to multiple issues with my feet. Today it doesn't matter a whit since many folks where athletic shoes all the time (but back then - horrors! - my bosses at the law firm were not to gentle in their dislike of my "unprofessional" footwear). Hoping the new shoes are another step in the right direction (bad pun, sorry!).
Anonymous said…
With my foot problem was prescribed SAS shoes. Good support. Not fashionable but sturdy. So got the in white for summer, blue and black for rest of year. I can wear “ dress” shoes if going directly to church, restaurant, but shopping is definitely confined to the SAS. Ask me how I know? I have a left footed gas pedal for the car so sewing left footed is not an issue. Glad you are on the road to recovery. Dotti in CT
Anonymous said…
Oh, SAS has an outlet in Lancaster.
Barbara Anne said…
How nice your bee buddies made the extra blocks for the queen bee since you couldn't yet. Interesting to see that working the foot pedal with either foot is a possibility when body parts break or rebel. am glad you're on the mend!

I wear Birkenstock Arizona sandals year-around (yes, dorky with wool knee socks!) but they're comfortable.

Hugs!
quilltnurs said…
I thought wombat was a quilty acronym for Waste Of Money Batting And Time. hee hee!