Bee for July

 

July's Queen, Rita, gave us a choice of three butterflies; we were to make two.

I am seriously out of practice at cat washing paper piecing. 

I was able to produce one complete butterfly (and I like it enormously). I also was able to paper piece the eight sections of a second butterfly (with more re-dos than I care to admit) but for the life of me do not know how to turn those eight sections into a complete butterfly. I'm going to have to let Rita do it. I think she'll forgive me.

We're taking August off as a catch-up month. I'm scheduled for my turn in September but I believe I am going to ask Tricia, who is scheduled for October, if she would like to trade months. October will the last month for this round.


Comments

Barbara Anne said…
Love the butterfly you made for Rita and I suggest you use the same pattern to make another one but use different fabrics, of course. Why reinvent the wheel?

Hope it's cooler there than here.

Hugs!
Nann said…
That's a complex block! I have to re-orient my thinking each time I try paper-piecing.
Quiltdivajulie said…
You have pursued the conquest of cat washing with far more success than I have ever managed. But then, I quit trying to scale that mountain quite a while back.