Pineapple Progress

 

I started the Pineapple Project sometime in the early part of 2022. I'd never wanted to make a pineapple block until my pal Polly asked the Bee to make a pair for her. The rhythm of making them was appealing. So was watching them grow. And especially, so was the finished block. Polly's were light rose and dark rose with low volumes.

I was won over and brashly committed to a queen, i.e., 120 blocks. A few weeks ago they came to the surface and I counted 49 blocks finished an 11 more in progress. I decided right then and there that since I already have four queen quilts for our bed that supposedly rotate through the seasons (except the one for summer stays folded because it's too warm for a quilt), that having to make 60 more pineapples was beyond my patience level.

Since the blocks finish at 8" and I make a lot of quilts that are about 60" square, 64 would be the correct final number. Those 11-in-progress are now finished and the final four are underway.

Stay tuned. I'm in a finish-it-up frame of mind.

Comments

Barbara Anne said…
What a glorious quilt this will be when finished! Isn't it lovely to be able to change your mind 'midstream' and make it a better size for your needs? Well done in getting back to these wonderful blocks.

Hugs!
Quiltdivajulie said…
I started ONE pineapple block and never finished it. So you are by far a better block maker than I am! Kudos for cutting down the size to suit your current self.
Nann said…
Are you foundation-piecing the blocks? You could add slab borders to the 64 blocks -- I imagine grayish with black accents. And, yes, finished is a good feeling.