Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My Blue Heaven

Well, Dog Days is ready to be assembled, and I started that process this afternoon.

I didn't have enough going on, what with finishing the Indigo and Caramel Baskets (now a flimsy, in the queue for quilting), Bill's Baskets on hold waiting for additional brown for a wide border, another project (as yet unmentioned and unphotographed) in flimsy stage and also in the queue, and a temporary loss of interest in my current Leader-Ender project, more about which someday when it is back in favor.  So I needed a new Leader-Ender project and thought about this terrific Asterisk that I'd seen a few weeks back on Selvage Blog.  I picked up a stack of nice batiks that all look mighty fine together and cut a few starter squares and cut some long strips.  This first block strikes me as gorgeous, if I do say so myself. 

But you know what tends to happen with me, especially in the summer, don't you?  That's right.  My Leader-Ender projects get noisy and demand to be made real projects instead of Leader-Enders.  I'm hoping this one will not get insistent that way. 

With a potential name of "My Blue Heaven," you'd think it would be well-behaved, wouldn't you?



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an easy block! Yours looks great! I have some left over black and white fabrics that would be great with some brights, also left overs. Thanks for the inspiration and the link.
Kathy B

jacitor -a custodian that works very fast :-)

Barb said...

Cute block, reminds me of a little package all wrapped and tied with ribbon ;>)! Yep summertime plays those tricks with me too, start it, get tired of it, and push it aside with the hopes of a return in the Fall! Enjoy your week!

floribunda... aka Julie said...

asterisks are also this month's block on the Block Lotto! we're doing them with black backgrounds and I'm hoping to win a big stack... (http://blocklotto.blogspot.com)

Gari said...

Well behaved? Not on your life. It looks to me like a block that will demand friends.