Saturday, September 03, 2016

Back to Quilting!

It feels like a long time since I posted a quilt picture on this blog.

Late in September each year, my church holds an Oktoberfest to benefit Lutheran Disaster Relief. I usually donate a baby quilt to the silent auction. This year, after I finished the lavender and rose elephant quilt for my coworker I decided to make another one in gender-neutral colors for the Oktoberfest. I really do enjoy hand-buttonhole stitching and these elephants were a joy to play around with.



6 comments:

Shasta Matova said...

This is a cute quilt and it does look like it would be fun to make. I am sure it will bring good money at the auction and will be loved by the recipient.

Karla said...

How cute.

Synthia said...

Adorable!! You accomplish so much. Wow!

Barbara Anne said...

What a cheerful foursome of balloon loving elephants! Some lucky someone will love having this quilt for some little someone!

I know I am the slowpoke quilter of all time, but you certainly do get an amazing amount of sewing done. I stand amazed. :)

Hugs!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Gosh this piece is so cute! Who doesn't love elephants! You make me want to get busy on a project I have in mind.
xx, Carol

Nann said...

Your elephant herd is charming, Nancy. Congratulations on a fine finish.