On My Wall

So, with the first batch of elongated nine patch blocks complete and sewn together, I began another batch.

I discovered I had three different very light pinks and decided to use those for the backgrounds. These six are finished and there are about a dozen more in progress. I hand piece them in front of the television in the evening. Since we usually watch either a movie or one episode of whatever current series is in progress and an episode of Great British Bake, that comes out to about two scant hours of piecing per evening.  

This will be another mercy quilt. It will either go towards the Sanctuary Village group or to a quilt drive that our LQS holds each autumn for immigrants and refugees. It would seem that with the new government administration that there might be more of a need for immigrant and refugee quilts than one the past four years.

I had another group of blocks, 30 of them, all finished and waiting to be set, but I forgot to photograph them. I'll do that when I get the lattice and border fabric.

Dear Judy mentioned the other day that she was eager to get back to paper piecing after she finishes the project she presently has in progress. She made me realize that is exactly what I wanted to do, too.

I had printed out these six-inch blocks ages ago (so long that the edges of the paper was beginning to curl up a bit) and today I spent some time making these two blocks.

There are 54 different blocks in the set.

I said to Joe that either these easy-looking blocks are actually more difficult than they appear OR my cat washing paper piecing skills have atrophied. He observed that I was trying to do something that requires concentration with a puppy loose and investigating the fabric bins on the floor and that perhaps I was being a bit hard on myself.

Sounds good.

What's on your wall?


 

Comments

Barbara Anne said…
Well done on the hand stitched elongated 9 patches and I love the interesting paper pieced blocks, too, especially those rich colors.

Did you receive the email I send you and the chaplain address? I also sent it to the verizon address but that was returned. Then I saw there's no "contact me" on your blog now (or I didn't find it on your profile). It now occurs to me that it could be somewhere below your header or down right or left margins. I'll look now.

Hope your puppy is a barrel of laughs!

Hugs!