This and That

 

I'm surprised to discover that it's been literally weeks since I last blogged. Yes, I'm still alive.

Back when I had finished hand-piecing the blocks for Steam Punk and before the start of Halo, I needed something in the way of hand-piecing for in front of the TV in the evenings. On a whim, I started these Elongated Nine Patches. They got set aside when I started Halo and since it wasn't very long between the finish of Halo and the start of Halo 2, they had been maturing nicely in a box for quite some time. At the end of last week I finished hand-piecing Halo 2 and I remembered them and dug them out. Just in time for Impeachment 2.

As I said on Facebook, I haven't watched this much daytime television since Andrew gave up Sesame Street. Between the daytime and evening viewing, I've used up all of the background fabric that I had. The last two sides of the last block are pinned and waiting. I haven't done a final, accurate count, but I think I will have 35 or 36 or 37 of these finish-at-8" blocks. And I can't even think about putting them together because Halo 2 is on the design wall, waiting for daytime TV to end so she can be completed. Oy. I'm thinking of her as The Impeachment Quilt.

So I'm going to have to dream up something else to do by hand. Starting tomorrow.

Meanwhile, the urge to get back to Bernina grows. I have a grand plan for a Mardi Gras colors triangles quilt that I'm itching to start. And one of the bad influences in my life dear, sweet Nicole got me snookered into committing to a project of -- wait for it -- 365 paper-pieced blocks that finish at 3" each! Obviously I haven't begun that yet, although there are prolly 50 block patterns in my email at present (they arrive seven at a time). And, of course, the studio is in a terrible mess, so I have to get it all reorganized before I can attempt any of the foregoing. 

So that's the story. I'm here, Februaryish, and aimless. But healthy and content. 


Comments

I've been watching a lot of television too. For me, it means I don't get much done, but I have also done some hand stitching to keep busy. Your nine patches look great.
Nann said…
Glad to read a post from Near Philadelphia, Nancy! Your elongated 9ps look just (im)peachy. As I put one pair of jeans in the wash (about every four days) and don the other pair I recall your comment from last spring about your black jeans rotation. Clothing catalogs come in the mail. They hold almost no temptation.
Janet O. said…
I've always loved an Improved 9-patch, and your yellow background fabric makes this sing.
An Impeachment Quilt--now why didn't I think of that?
Oh, you signed up for the quilt that tempted me, but I resisted. I will enjoy seeing your 365 little blocks come into being.
Content is a very good way to be, even if it is aimlessly content.
Quayquilter said…
I heard some of the Capitol audio that the Democrats produced - chilling. Now you can get on with your lovely Halo quilt. The ninepatches look tricky though perhaps kess so by hand.
Barbara Anne said…
Wish I had the discipline to hand sew in front of the TV again. I have a counted cross-stitch project I want to finish. It was left behind in 1992 when I began my quilting adventure.

One ice storm has melted away and another will arrive tomorrow. Brrrrr, but good sewing weather! Love the Improved 9 Patch blocks!

Hugs!