Sanctuary #1

Thanks to "Fargo" and "The Great British Bake-Off," my first elongated nine patch is nearly a flimsy! When I needed two more blocks and was out of background fabric, I used a near match.

My plan is to add sufficient borders of a dark blue purple to increase it to a twin size.

I have recently become involved with an organization that will be constructing a village of tiny homes in Northeast Philadelphia; these little houses will go to currently homeless people for a specific amount of time, providing them with a place that is warm, safe, and dry as well as -- just about as important -- an address.

I would like to have available a twin-size quilt for each resident on move-in day, whenever that happens. I imagine that will be in about a year. I will be asking everyone I know members of my guild and my renegade group to help out with this goal.

I had no idea, at the start of the pandemic, how important hand-piecing would become for me!



 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sanctuary #1 is a delightful quilt and your plans to donate it to the Little Homes project make it and its name beyond perfect. What a worthy goal!

I'll have a look among my quilts and UFOs to see if any match the size that is needed. If you don't mind more humble designs and really humble quilting, I can participate in this worthwhile effort. I'll let you know what I find.

Hugs!
Anonymous said…
Nancy, I have several completed quilts that are in need of homes. Would you like one of them for your project?
Kathy B
NorCal
Quiltdivajulie said…
Twin size is a bit larger than most of my waiting tops but I will surely look at what I have. Or would it be more helpful to send $ to cover batting and quilting costs?
Wendy Currie said…
What a fantastic program! Our city recently moved back into lockdown....we had a really bad outbreak of covid in our local jails which then spread into our homeless and under homed populations then more and more into our community. We have programs and people working hard to get the vaccinations out there and assist with safe places to isolate. Covid has certainly brought to the surface the challenges of so many that normally and sadly get somewhat overlooked by many.