Wensleydale, Half Pieced

 

Thirty blocks are finished! That's half of what the pattern calls for.

This afternoon I cut the elements for block thirty-one.

The first thirty all have the same fabric for their shoulders. The second thirty will all have a same-but-different fabric (if you take my meaning) that I haven't picked out yet. Maybe Monday, when I have a trip to the LQS on the docket. It will be dark, most likely blackish or gray. Stay tuned.

All of these blocks are hand pieced. The top will be put together by machine once there are sixty blocks. 

Comments

Quiltdivajulie said…
Totally understand what you mean about the shoulder fabric(s). A trip to the LQS . . . sigh. If only shop fabrics weren't 14.99 a yard (our new shop's standard price) . . .
Barbara Anne said…
Love the blocks and I'll be interested to see what different fabric will be used in the remainder of the blocks. I'm also impressed with your continued hand piecing. Well done!

Hugs!
Janet O. said…
Looks so good, Nancy. I am really curious to see how it plays out with the other half of the blocks having dark "shoulders".