June Catch Up

I'm astonished to discover it has been a month since I last blogged! Life as a retired couple is busier than I'd anticipated.

We had the opportunity to go down to Cape May for a couple of days. We didn't do a whole lot -- drove out to Sunset Beach one day, had dinner with friends one night, and dinner at Joe's favorite place the other night.

The restaurant, Louisa's, is a place we've gone to for about forty years. It is understated and delicious. On this visit I decided to forego the fish and try the pasta -- it was lovely with crushed tomatoes and feta and topped with parslied bread crumbs. 

This is a picture of the flower arrangement at Louisa's. I thought it was lovely

Our grandchildren are getting so big! I remember that Sam was just a little baby when I first started this blog and now he is learning to drive, looking for a part-time job, and ready to enter his junior year in high school.

Caroline has studied dance for eleven years and now is in the pointe class.

Eli and Miles live for soccer; there is little more to say there. They are handsome and bright and pleasant -- everything one could want.

Tom drove up with Nate and Aberdeen for a short weekend. We all attended Caroline's recital and they went downtown to the Harry Potter exhibit at the Franklin Institute. N & A are both smart and very creative. It had been three years since they were last here.

Lizzy got her summer haircut. So did I.

I've been hand-piecing another Halo quilt in front of the television in the evenings and I am just four blocks from finished. Then I'll assemble the top by machine. I think I know what my next handwork project will be. 

And that's what's what, Near Philadelphia.
 

Comments

Mystic Quilter said…
What a lovely time you had with family! It's amazing how quickly our grandchildren grow from little toddlers into wonderful adults, we are blessed to have them in our lives.
Barbara Anne said…
What a good way to spend parts of May and June!

I look forward to seeing your new Halo quilt when it is ready for its debut.

My Ukraine quilt is ready for its labels. One is an old Debbie Mumm fabric that has 'Peace on Earth' printed on it and fussy cut by me. It's taken a good while to finish it but I'm slow and, happily, fabric waits.

Hugs!
Janet O. said…
Nice to catch up on your doin's.
Did our grandchildren really grow up faster than our children did, or am I just imagining that?
Another Halo quilt? Wow! Can't wait to see it.
Quiltdivajulie said…
Your granddaughter is beautiful! Happy to read about your travels and adventures.