Rings

 

I mentioned my friend Judi and her gift to me in this post. At that time I was working on block one. Of nine. Some weeks have passed and so have some television-or-Netflix-filled evenings.

This morning those nine blocks turned into a flimsy.

I tried some imaginative lay-outs, but in the end decided to go with The Obvious. In the process I got a good idea for another way to play with these templates. That will need to wait a bit.

August will see me hand-or-machine quilting this happy, generous-sized baby quilt for a recipient whom I believe is due in September.

You can click to enlarge and see the color variations and the background fabric which really is the bee's knees.

Comments

Quiltdivajulie said…
Sometimes The Obvious is the best solution. Congrats on a flimsy and it will be fun to see if you use the templates again laid out in a different arrangement.
howdidIgethere said…
Love, love, LOVE the background!

And the whole blinking thing, in fact...
Janet O. said…
Wonderful background for a very clever quilt.
Barbara Anne said…
Love this sweet baby quilt and that background fabric is perfect! Lucky baby!!

I'm sewing 9 Patch blocks together that had their beginning in 2015. This subtle Christmas Single Irish Chain quilt is better late than never.

Hugs!
For those of us who are not savvy about these things, what is a "flimsy"?