Mancuso Show Oaks: 2022

 

Marsha and I made our annual pilgrimage to the Oaks show today and to both of our delight, we did not get lost! We did not get lost either coming or going! Maybe that should be going or coming. Whatever. Bonnie didn't accompany us this year as she is breaking in a new knee. Next year, Bonnie.

Here's Blur hanging as Quilt No. 1022 and looking her very best, I think. No, despite many well wishers, she didn't win a ribbon. I wasn't disappointed; it was just great seeing her there.

I ran into five or six Guild mates while I was wandering. We had lunch at the buffet and it was tasty and good value.

The show wasn't super crowded and there were only a couple of strollers. Some folks were masked. People seemed happy. There didn't seem to be as many vendors as usual. In some of the booths, though, there were ladies urging other ladies -- people they'd never seen before -- to go ahead and buy it. And the ladies bought it. Myself included!

Here's what I brought home with me:

Such delicious colors!

This was a kit to make a pillow from Tilda fabrics. I didn't want to make a pillow and I asked the vendor if I could buy it anyway. She said I could. So I did.

I don't know what I'll do with these. They most likely won't end up together.

I bought all of these at one place and had fun picking them out. They aren't, as you know, my usual colors. I don't know what I'll make from them and I'm not sure the one with the people will stay in the mix.


Now for the quilts that I found memorable, not as many as usual, but still . . . .







This quilt is called "I Miss Walter Cronkite." I do, too.

 I did see something I thought I might want to buy and then I forgot to return to that booth! I even took a picture of it to help me remember. Oh, dear. Well, I've located it on line and it isn't terribly expensive. I have a rotating cutting mat that is nearing the end of its life expectancy and I was intrigued by the round shape of this one as the possible replacement. Something to think about.



Comments

Barbara Anne said…
What fun to go to a quilt show with a friend and I hope Bonnie's new knee will let her join you next year.
Blur looks marvelous as it hangs in the show! Love the other quilts you showed us, too. Thank you! Isn't it a delight to see what a variety of quilts there are in shows and on-line, come to that?
What fun you'll have using your new fabrics in whatever your wonderful imagination dreams up.
I'll be interested to know if that round cutting mat is useful if you do purchase one sometime.

Hugs!
Anonymous said…
It's been so long since I've gone to a quilt show. Thanks for showing some of the quilts. I like your quilt the best of the ones you showed. Thanks for sharing.
Nann said…
Congratulations on having one of your quilts in the show! Your new fabric choices are great. Even if they're not your usual colors they are your usual prints for a sort of Jen Kingwell/Sara Fielke/Kathy Doughty boho style. Fun to imagine the possibilities. And I do like "I Miss Walter Cronkite."
Judi said…
Huge congratulations on having Blur hanging in the show - there's a special thrill in seeing one of your own quilts hanging.

So happy to hear you were able to visit a "real" show again, though sorry to hear that Bonnie wasn't able to join you.
Quiltdivajulie said…
Super Duper CONGRATULATIONS to you for Blur being in the show! Good wishes for Bonnie and her new knee - it's a process from everyone else I've watched (my turn is out there still). p.s. I miss Walter C, too.
Mystic Quilter said…
Blur is quite amazing, I love the richness of the colours you've used and congratulations for having it in the show. Nice collection of fabric goodies you brought home with you, love the Tilda pack.