Leadering and Endering, Near Philadelphia

My blogless friend Sharon posted her almost-finished quilt made entirely out of 1-1/2" squares. I thought it was stunning and also thought it would make a terrific Leader-Ender project and aid in the ongoing effort to Use Up Those Damn Scraps.

My current project, the Lancaster Diamonds, provides lots of start-and-stop, leader-and-ender opportunities. 

So one day while waiting for the iron to heat up, I dove into my most recent project scraps (Blue Halo, still waiting for that final border, BTW), and cut up some squares.

It only took a short time to have my first block! 

The second block, with the same periwinkle solid, is well underway and as tomorrow I'll be working on one of the most intricate blocks with much stopping and starting, it shouldn't be long before I have a pair. 

 

Comments

Nann said…
The intensity of the periwinkle really makes this block stand out. Good luck with that scrap reduction . . .
Barbara Anne said…
I love the Leader Ender projects and this looks very worthy, indeed. Ah, what a goal to use up small scraps!

Just last night I came upon a tucked away bag that contained slightly wonky 2+" HSTs that my sweet AMIL pieced and 2" squares I suspect were left over from a watercolor kit wall quilt she chose to leave smaller than the 2" squares provided would have made.

We seem to have skipped winter, as you may have heard. Sigh.

Hugs!
Quiltdivajulie said…
"Use Up Those Damn Scraps" - oh, my . . . I love the thought! If only it could really happen (sigh). I do find myself being a tad more choosy about which scraps go into the crumb boxes these days. I'm letting more of the teeny ones and the triangle bits go and still have more than I will use in this lifetime (grin). Love the periwinkle in your first PS block!