Quilts for Ukraine Children: Update

 

The outpouring of help has been heartwarming. The first three packages have arrived and the quilts are beautiful.

At this time, I have received commitments for as many quilts as I can manage to transport. If you want to make a mercy quilt and have not already contacted me, I am sure you will be able to  find another need to meet.

Please note the following:

1.    Someone asked about sending a bear along. There isn't space in the shipment for anything extra. And it just doesn't seem right that one child would receive a bear, but not all.

2.    Someone else asked about labels -- no, but thank you.

3.    Another person wanted to know if the quilt should be washed before sending. It doesn't matter.

4.    Please ship your quilt so that it reaches me by August 31. 

5.    If your quilt reaches me later than August 31, I will take it to my local quilt shop's annual drive for quilts for refugees coming into America. 

6.    Thank you so very, very much.

Comments

Janet O. said…
Thanks for the update. I finished assembling the top today and hope to get it basted and quilted next week, but the binding will have to wait until early August. It will get to you in time!
Thank you for this opportunity to help.
Quiltdivajulie said…
Mine is webbed and ready to turn into a top this coming week. It will be to you in plenty of time. HOORAY that you have more offers than you can transport - and also that you have a wonderful overflow donation destination.
Millie Quilts said…
Mine should reach your house tomorrow, July 19. It must be so much fun to get all these boxes and check out the goodies inside.

Thank you for doing this
Ila said…
I'll be quilting this weekend and shipping next week! Thanks so much for doing this!