Bear's Paws for Donna

One dreary, Covid-y winter, a shop offered a monthly on-line color lab for quilters. 

I have never studied art although I have some vague recollections of enjoying the twice-a-week art classes in junior high school. The teacher was a patient and really nice woman; however, she had a thyroid issue that caused her eyes to bulge out and all the junior high kids referred to her as "Froggy" and were not-quite-uniformly disrespectful. Looking back, I can't imagine how she endured. 

But I digress.

Despite never having taken any kind of a real art class, people tell me that I have a good sense of color. I enrolled in the color lab to try to understand the theory that my gut had somehow embraced without my knowing it.

We were encouraged to make Bear's Paw blocks to practice what we were learning and I enjoyed doing that, though the class itself turned out to be a disappointment.

A few weeks ago, the little top that I'd pieced with all those paws floated up to the surface and I had my machinist quilt it for me. Now it's bound and heading off to a sweet friend who, this month, will be welcoming a new grand baby. There's been a time gap since Donna's last grandchild arrived and I decided she'd need something new for this new person. She can keep it at her home for when baby comes to visit or she can give it to the new mom. Either way, I had a lot of fun finishing it for her.



 

Comments

Vicki W said…
That's such a cute quilt! Love the newsprint background fabric.
Barbara Anne said…
What a delightful baby quilt - happy baby and family, too!

Isn't it a joy to make something brand new from your imagination + stash and unlike anything on the planet?

Hugs!

Quiltdivajulie said…
I remember you taking that class and how disappointed you were in the online portions. Your quilt turned out splendidly.