Sunday Best


Someone I know is expecting a baby girl sometime in November, so I spent my autumn evenings working on a gift.

I'd purchased the pattern "Sunday Best" from a now-defunct shop called Cottonseed Glory that was located in Annapolis about twenty-five years ago and have made quilts for several little girls from that pattern.

For this one, I cut the background squares at 7-1/2 inches and the lattices finish at 1-1/2 inches. If you click on the photo, I hope you can see that the lattices are actually a sweet pink polka dot.

The dresses are all made from small pieces of Liberty and are hand-buttonholed with two strands of DMC. The binding is a floral print that resembles Liberty and is a bit sturdier.  

Hand-quilting is with pink thread. Don't look too closely at that.



Comments

Barbara Anne said…
What a charming baby girl quilt and viewing it enlarged shows the pink polka dots fabric and those darling Liberty dress fabrics. Love the binding, too. Lucky baby!!

Hugs!
Quiltdivajulie said…
Absolutely precious! You do SUCH lovely work!
Janet O. said…
Such a sweet quilt. The dotted sashing is a delicate touch.