July, 2026: Wrap Up (Long)

In July, two quilts came to fruition. Here we have my older granddaughter's quilt to take to college. In just a scant three weeks. 

She likes lavenders and blues and purples and magentas and she thought something contemporary (I am bashful about using the word "modern") rather than traditional.

A collection of batik whaddyacallits* and the Mazed pattern by Kristy Daum came together to fulfill her wishes. 

I have loved this pattern for a very long time and made many, many quilts from baby to queen size from it. The quilt goes together quickly and people always like it. I used more of the whaddyacallits to make the binding. 

This year I've become smitten with quilt tags and after buying one or two packs at a time, I have a nice collection. I picked these for Caroline's quilt: 


My second finish for July is Mr. Morris Goes to Paris (thanks, Polly, for the perfect name). The pattern is The Avenue by Louise Pappas which wasn't anywhere near as difficult as it looks! I loved using some of my William Morris FQs for the trees. You can see the full flimsy before he was quilted by going here. I did purchase the pattern from the Fat Quarter Shop and the templates that came with it are right nice.
July was also a good month for various elements of Merricks Nth. We spent a week at the seashore with our kids and grandchildren and since I'm not really a beach person, I spent hours ahead of time prepping Merricks handwork. Someday this quilt will be done. I'm still deluded enough to think [a bit] hopeful it will be in 2026. Here's what I've got to show for Merricks in July: 




And here's the group photo from the vacation:


*Jelly Roll! That's what the whaddyacallits are. I knew it would come to me.












Comments

Nann said…
July was a long and productive month!
Quiltdivajulie said…
Oh that final photo is a serious keeper! Your handwork is gorgeous as always and I'm curious about where you found a couple of those labels. Mine are functional but not fun. Mr. Morris Goes to Paris is one of my favorites of your quilts.
Juliann said…
Well now I know why you haven’t posted - you have been busy. Love seeing your Merrick’s blocks. I have been thinking about getting some labels. Great little addition.
Barbara Anne said…
Applause, applause! Love the finished quilts and their loving tags and your progress on Mr Morris Goes to Paris!
So glad you and your family had so much fun at the beach and with each other!

Hugs!