End of August: Odds and Ends
In the past year, members made blocks that featured animals and then brave souls took these assorted blocks and made sense of them. One quilt had recently been quilted (in a dear little kitty paw motif) and had been brought for show and tell. Someone was needed to bind this project and I volunteered. Now it's ready to go. My understanding that it will be part of a fund-raising endeavor for a local nature center.
It was decided that making animal blocks had been a good thing and we were each urged to make some more.
So earlier this week, while catching up with the mountain of laundry that had arisen, I plunged right in. I'm here to tell you that cat-washing paper-piecing is not like riding a bicycle, in that if it's been close to a year since one last partook, one should expect to have to find the rhythm all over again. I made two blocks and it felt like it took for ever. I'd say I worked at a snail's pace, but . . .
Comments
Your snail is charming and well done!
We're headed into a hot, humid week but so enjoyed last week's coolness.
Hugs!