End of August: Merricks Update
Here's the image from the cover of the Merricks Nth pattern collection. You'll see that the designer loves blue and thinks pink is pretty nifty, too.
I was smitten with the quilt, but not the blue and the pink. I'm a purple kind of person and like yellow a lot, too. So that's what I went with.
In the column of elements on the far left, the second one from the bottom, the spread of hexis, I made this element. I remember it. I remember showing it to Himself who admired it. But do I know where it is? Erm, no. So there's that mystery. I've decided to press on with what else remains and if hex-spread doesn't come out of hiding, I'll remake her. I can do that.
Now, under the center medallion, we have the dreaded lozenges. You remember; I've been whining about them for months. And I've decided to create a brand new element to replace them.
So, here's what we have completed so far. Up on the design wall in their designated places. With a big empty hole where the center medallion will be. And a picture of the finished quilt. And a little baggie containing the leaves (thanks, Marsha, for sharing your abundance of greens) that will be appliquéd around the center star at some point. And, of course, two more big blank spaces, as discussed above. Oops, it looks like two major elements in the top row are reversed in their placement. Easy fix. This is why we take pictures!It doesn't appear to me as though the elements are of compatible sizes and I'm not about to go back to the patterns to find out what size they are supposed to be. I've got a right nice collection of purples and will fill in as needed. I think.
The center medallion is in progress; it's just not photographed yet. I'm hoping that I'll get that medallion all together in September. And stick it right up there on the wall, hoping it might serve as a magnet to draw hex-spread out of wherever she's hiding.
So there.
Comments