End of August: Merricks Update

 

Here's the image from the cover of the Merricks Nth pattern collection. You'll see that the designer loves blue and thinks pink is pretty nifty, too.

I was smitten with the quilt, but not the blue and the pink. I'm a purple kind of person and like yellow a lot, too. So that's what I went with.

In the column of elements on the far left, the second one from the bottom, the spread of hexis, I made this element. I remember it. I remember showing it to Himself who admired it. But do I know where it is? Erm, no. So there's that mystery. I've decided to press on with what else remains and if hex-spread doesn't come out of hiding, I'll remake her. I can do that. 

Now, under the center medallion, we have the dreaded lozenges. You remember; I've been whining about them for months. And I've decided to create a brand new element to replace them.

So, here's what we have completed so far. Up on the design wall in their designated places. With a big empty hole where the center medallion will be. And a picture of the finished quilt. And a little baggie containing the leaves (thanks, Marsha, for sharing your abundance of greens) that will be appliquéd around the center star at some point. And, of course, two more big blank spaces, as discussed above. Oops, it looks like two major elements in the top row are reversed in their placement. Easy fix. This is why we take pictures!

It doesn't appear to me as though the elements are of compatible sizes and I'm not about to go back to the patterns to find out what size they are supposed to be. I've got a right nice collection of purples and will fill in as needed. I think. 

The center medallion is in progress; it's just not photographed yet. I'm hoping that I'll get that medallion all together in September. And stick it right up there on the wall, hoping it might serve as a magnet to draw hex-spread out of wherever she's hiding.


Just what have we here? Well, remember I said I was creating a whole new element to replace the damn lozenges? This is the start of it. I showed Joe what I was thinking and got him to draw me some imaginary flowers, and for the past week while we've watched re-runs of All Creatures Great and Small, I've been embroidering. And loving doing it. I've not yet designed the rest of the element but you can bet it won't be lozenges. Or wiggly worms. Or anything complicated. 

So there.


Comments

Juliann said…
I recall being smitten by this quilt - seems so long ago. Unlike you, I abandoned this ship after a few months. I did make some more blocks and began a center appliqué but I put them away for the summer. This post makes me want to pull them out and see where we stand. I love your embroidery idea.
Barbara Anne said…
Applause, applause! I love the progress you've made and that your changing elements of the quilt to suit yourself! This means your quilt will really, actually, and truly be one of a kind on the planet!!!!!!!!

Hugs!
Anonymous said…
Het is vast geen nieuws meer voor je dat DR REETHESH de beste is in het herenigen van ex-koppels. Hij doet dit al jaren. Dus als je dit bericht voor het eerst ziet en je hebt huwelijksproblemen, raad ik je aan om vandaag nog contact op te nemen met DR REETHESH. DR REETHESH staat klaar om al je geluk terug te brengen. Toen ik problemen had met mijn vrouw en online naar een oplossing zocht, was ik enorm onder de indruk van de getuigenissen over DR REETHESH. Toen ik contact met hem opnam en mijn probleem voorlegde, zei hij dat ik me geen zorgen moest maken en dat alles goed zou komen. En precies zoals hij zei: ik geniet nu van mijn huwelijk, want hij heeft geweldig werk voor me geleverd. Vergeet niet dat je geluk verdient, dus laat je door niets uit het veld slaan. Met de hulp van DR REETHESH beloof ik je dat al je geluk zal terugkeren. Neem gewoon contact met hem op en deel je problemen. Betaal voor de benodigdheden voor de opdracht en reken op het beste resultaat. Je kunt DR REETHESH bereiken via WhatsApp: +2349012999010 of e-mail: reethsh60@gmail.com
Anonymous said…
Heb je problemen in je huwelijk of met je bedrijf? Heb je een rechtszaak lopen en wil je dat de rechter in jouw voordeel beslist? Speel je mee met de loterij zonder te winnen? Heb je gezondheidsproblemen? Wil je de juiste keuze maken bij het kiezen van een partner? Als je hulp nodig hebt bij deze of andere zaken, is DR WALE de persoon om contact mee op te nemen. DR WALE heeft duizenden mensen geholpen de band met hun geliefde te herstellen. Dit bericht is daarvan een getuigenis. Toen mijn huwelijk op instorten stond, schoot DR WALE ons te hulp. Als je partner je heeft verlaten voor een ander en je wilt je ex terug, neem dan contact op met DR WALE en leg de situatie uit; geloof me, binnen enkele dagen zal je partner naar je terugkeren. Hier zijn de contactgegevens van DR WALE: WhatsApp/Viber +2347054019402 of e-mail: drwalespellhome@gmail.com
Quiltdivajulie said…
Yes, yes YES! Make it the way YOU want to - inspired by is better than copied from any day.
very interesting project...so many unique features and making it your own is always best
Nann said…
I think you got spammed in Dutch! . . . . Your adaptations will result in an even more special quilt. It is such a beauty.