Like many non-profit institutions, the school where I work depends on various fund-raisers throughout the year to help make the budget. And, like many other institutions, one of our fund-raisers is an auction.
The gal who runs the auction and does many other impossible tasks -- some of which involve keeping peace within the home and school association -- is a delight. She has more energy than any two of the Pre-K kids combined, and an infectious enthusiasm. So when she put out a call on the school email for people to donate things to the auction, I offered immediately to produce a baby quilt.
I had an abundance of wonderful fabric left over from the wedding quilt I had made for Tim and Ingrid, and I thought they would make a nice blended baby quilt. By the time I got done piecing the blocks and setting them, however, it turned out to be a quilt for a little girl. I hadn't done any hand-quilting for a while, and thought this would be a nice project for spring evenings. It was.
I finished the binding this morning -- two whole weeks before the auction. And I like the way it turned out. You can click on the picture to see the pattern.