A Quilt for a Little Girl

Like many non-profit institutions, the school where I work depends on various fund-raisers throughout the year to help make the budget. And, like many other institutions, one of our fund-raisers is an auction.

The gal who runs the auction and does many other impossible tasks -- some of which involve keeping peace within the home and school association -- is a delight. She has more energy than any two of the Pre-K kids combined, and an infectious enthusiasm. So when she put out a call on the school email for people to donate things to the auction, I offered immediately to produce a baby quilt.

I had an abundance of wonderful fabric left over from the wedding quilt I had made for Tim and Ingrid, and I thought they would make a nice blended baby quilt. By the time I got done piecing the blocks and setting them, however, it turned out to be a quilt for a little girl. I hadn't done any hand-quilting for a while, and thought this would be a nice project for spring evenings. It was.

I finished the binding this morning -- two whole weeks before the auction. And I like the way it turned out. You can click on the picture to see the pattern.


Comments

Very lovely colors.

Nice blog.

Linda

http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
Pure sweetness, through and through. It is sure to be loved.
Helen said…
Oh, this is a delicious quilt. I love your colors and the way they blend together.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs
Laurez said…
What a pretty quilt and such delightful colors! Laurez/NJ
Unknown said…
Love the colors and the pattern. I know whoever ends up with the quilt will love it
Nancy said…
No doubt that this quilt will be the STAR of the auction: it is beautiful.
Hi Nancy,
Beautiful quilt. You've done such a wonderful job and to donate it...very thoughtful.
~Karen~
*karendianne. said…
Great quilt and boy, I dig those blocks. :)
JennyBHammond said…
On behalf of the "gal who has more energy than two PreKers" and everyone else in our department - thank you for making this GORGEOUS quilt! I've been longing to see a colleague donate one...you're so talented:-)

I'm also glad that I will be freed up this year to actually drop by the auction...perhaps I will place a bid - for my nieces in NH!
Wanda said…
I love the quilt and am wondering if you will tell us what pattern or book it comes from.

Wanda