Saturday, July 27, 2013

Miss Peacock


My bloggin' buddy Julie is having a Major Life Event and as part of that is collecting star blocks in peacock shades on cream.

I went digging in the batik bin and found what I thought I wanted and was about ready to make my block. Then for some other, non-related reason, I went into a box of cool color scraps and found some genuine, authentic peacock fabric! There wasn't much. Hardly any, really. And I can't remember how I acquired it. But it is precisely what I needed for Miss Peacock's star! Now put down that candlestick, Julie, and get out of the secret passage to the conservatory! You have quilting to do!

3 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Yes, ma'am!!! (but it is more like "put down that paintbrush . . . ")

Janet O. said...

What a perfect fabric find! And you made it into a lovely, cool block.

Barbara Anne said...

Love the star block and the wonderful fabrics you found for it. I enjoyed seeing the other star blocks that have been sent it, so thanks for the link.

Are you back at home?

Hugs!