Thursday, August 20, 2015
I finished this flimsy last month. I don't know what the block is called, or even if it is an "official" block. I had seen a photo on Pinterest and just wanted to make it. I'd been saving black-on-white FQs for a while, and used them for backgrounds. A huge piece of chicken wire made the lattice. The fabrics for the blocks are Kaffe Collective, hand-dyes, and batiks. When I was putting it together, I made a mistake in calculation for the horizontal strips and discovered this after I cut them. I was chagrinned because I didn't have enough chicken wire to recut the strips. Fortunately, Joe was on hand and suggested the ascending lattice squares and that was enough to make up the difference and add an unexpected bit of interest to the quilt.
Posted by Nancy, Near Philadelphia on Thursday, August 20, 2015