I spent much of this morning making these two blocks. I'd acquired the pattern last week and had some scraps that were just the right size, and so I dug in.
The two blocks took three washer-and-dryer loads to finish. I didn't measure them, but I believe they finish at six inches. And the top one really is straight and not on an angle for the left side. I think.
When I was nearly done, it occurred to me that a color scheme of red-orange-gold-yellow on black would have been more appropriate for today.
The eclipse was mostly clouded over here in my part of Near Philadelphia. I liked looking at NASA's footage from South Carolina, and thought fondly of my friend Lori in Madras whose town is suddenly the place to be!