Thursday, September 21, 2017

Crazy Anne

Everyone and her cousin seem to be making quilts from Jen Kingwell's patterns. And some of them have "invited" me to make one, too. I decline. This designer's quilts are intricate and striking. And they have too much going on, for me. It's a case of their not being to my taste, but I can appreciate the artistry behind them and the work that goes into them.

Recently one of the Jen-ites posted a picture of a block that she was making for, I think, Gypsy Wife. The block is called Crazy Anne. Without delving too far into Anne's presenting problems and mental history, I thought the block, while a traditional one, had a bit of a contemporary flair. And I had these wonderful bright bundles that I'd acquired after getting started back in March at the Lancaster show. So I made a block. And then another.

And here I am, sewing rows together already! Anne's going to need a border, and I have a plan for that. Alas, it will necessitate buying some fabric!

7 comments:

Lori said...

Definitely a cool block!

Janet said...

Good for you crazy Nancy 😀👍

cityquilter grace said...

crazy beautiful i'd say...

julieQ said...

Very pretty!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

How smart to isolate one block you like from those overly ambitious patterns and make it into something YOUR way.

Barbara Anne said...

What a happy quilt with joy-joy colors and patterns, even in the sashing! I'm glad you've had fun making these Crazy Anne blocks!

I agree that choosing blocks that speak to you and making only those blocks is a wonderful way of keeping your quilts unique.

Hugs!

LizA. said...

What a happy, happy quilt. I can't wait to see what you do for borders for her.