Meow



When I first saw the Trinket Quilt pattern, I thought it was mighty fine. The more I looked at it, the more that feeling persisted. 

Trinket Quilt seems to be the latest rage in the quilt world and I can see why. There's a major quilt-along with prolly thousands of participants, complete with deadlines and prizes. 

Crowds, deadlines, and prizes hold no appeal for me at present. But Trinket Quilt does. So I bought the pattern. It is as precious as I'd anticipated. And look forward to beginning.

Two things, though, must be mentioned.

1. Do not get me wrong: I very much like Alison Glass fabrics. They are the bomb. I've made a couple of projects with them and still have pieces of some. But I do not care for the harshness intensity high contrast of the many bright bright bright fabrics in the cover photo. I delayed purchasing the pattern until I made a different plan.

I have a stack of half-yards of Kona that I bought because I couldn't resist the colors. I've had them for about a year with no perceptible plan but I have taken them out and fondled them from time to time. They are shades of mauve, mulberry, periwinkle, blueberry, rose, oh -- I am sure you get my drift! Together I think of them as Mixed Berry Mousse. And they are what I am going to use for my Trinkets. It will be gorgeous. 

2. Yes, this is the person who a mere four (or so) years ago declared, "I'd rather give a cat a bath than paper piece." Words I should have eaten, though that's not a particularly appealing image. I've come to love the precision and the rhythm of paper piecing. And these tiny motifs will be such fun to assemble. Think of it as bathing kittens.

Comments

Barbara Anne said…
Love the quilt and think your choice of berry colors will make a delightful quilt. I also think it's great that you choose to make this quilt your own unique quilt by using these fabrics in colors you love and that are from your stash.

Bathing kittens? Love the analogy to paper piecing! :)
Janet O. said…
LOL--love your closing line, again!
Your description of the colors you will be using had me smiling and nodding. You have a winning combination, I believe. Excellent choices.
And having said very similar things about paper piecing in a past life, I understand now the love of the precision it allows. If someone else would just remove the papers!
Quiltdivajulie said…
You are SO funny -- bathing kittens, indeed. I love the color palette you described and I think you've already named your quilt to be - Mixed Berry Mousse. It will be FABULOUS!!