Mrs. Levitt Hard At Work

Himself noticed some years back that when I am sick with a cold, my coughing decreases when I am at my sewing machine.

So I was there quite a bit this week.

After my last post where I showed my first group of tiny homes, I decided I was sick enough to see a doctor.

It's a good thing I did.

Turns out I have pneumonia.

I'm on a host of medicines and for a few days nothing seemed any different. This morning I woke up feeling as though I might actually live.

My friend Bobbi stopped by this morning to pick up my tiny homes to deliver to Guild. I made 53-2/3 houses. One needs a visit from a roofer.


With the houses finished and the coughing not finished, I was in serious need of a new project. The recent organize-and-destash project had uncovered a package of sixteen tiny samples of Lemon Tree that I had bought last year at the Lancaster Show. I had totally forgotten them.

Yesterday morning I cut most of the elements for 32 eight-inch Simple Flower Baskets. 

I am definitely breaking my own rule about not doing a project just from one line of fabric. And I don't care. I think I'm in love with Lemon Tree.

My devoted sister has cautioned me about the importance of rest and not overdoing. There are times when one really should listen to one's older sister. I hope she understands that basket-weaving is nowhere near as strenuous as house-building!

Comments

Quiltdivajulie said…
Love that final paragraph -- indeed basket weaving IS less strenuous than house building. AND I find it delightful that your cough is less when you are at your sewing machine with your mind engaged in being creative. Wishing you a speedy recovery!!
Janet O. said…
Yes, your final statement had me smiling and shaking my head--so "Nancy".
Good thing you went to the doc and discovered what it was you were dealing with. And it is interesting (but not surprising) that you cough less when quilting.
Pretty incredible that you made 53+ houses.
As I was reading the bit about you cutting out baskets from the Lemon Tree line, I wondered about your resolve not to use just one line. Then you responded to my wonderment (that's a word, I'm sure). You just have to do what feels right.
Quayquilter said…
Good wishes for your recovery - need to look after youself after pneumonia!
Lovely houses!
Patty Nordahl said…
Love your baskets - what is the name of the pattern you are using? Or are you winging it. Hope you feel better soon. Be careful you will start to feel good and then run out of steam. Rest is definitely the secret.