Weekend Getaway (Sort of)

The Renegades' semi-annual weekend in Lancaster County started on Thursday afternoon. Four of us gathered then, to be joined by two more twenty-four hours later.

Still recovering from pneumonia and leaving a sickly husband at home, I wasn't sure how much I would accomplish.  I took with me three projects to finish.

This is my quilt that serves as a memory of our trip to Great Britain.  I started making the blocks six months ago and finished them awhile back. I took them along as my main project because our retreat location has a couple of gihugic design walls. There are 900 squares of various Liberty Tana Lawn prints on Kona Snow. This queen quilt will grace our bed this summer. No borders are planned.
This was a beautiful view from our sewing room last evening.

And here are the lemon tree baskets! This one isn't quite finished. It needs two borders, one of which I must order the fabric for. 

But I'm still in love with it. It might end up being called the Pneumonia Quilt.

On Friday evening I spoke with Himself who  had become sicker to the point that he was thinking of going to the doctor. That was how I knew he was really sick. This morning he followed through and texted me that he had a sinus infection and was on a bunch of meds.

Remembering what a fine nurse he had been during the early days of the pneumonia, after lunch today I packed up and drove home to tend to him. The retreat was scheduled to end Sunday mid-day, so I didn't miss a whole lot, and I was pleased with all I had accomplished. 

The six of us had such a good time together and we've already booked the place for six months down the road. We hope our buddy Kathy will be able to join us then. 

Comments

Karla said…
I love both quilts! Your bed will look very royal with the G.B. quilt gracing it. And the Pneumonia Quilt is awsome. It love the nice breezy colors. Please give Himself my get well wishes.
Carol said…
gihugic! LOVE IT! and the quilt!
Robby said…
Both quilts are going to be fabulous when finished. And it's always nice to have a loving care giver nearby when we're at our worst. Here's to a quick recovery for him!
Quiltdivajulie said…
Those baskets ... and their varying layouts ... are spectacular! ‘It’s the season for illness apparently since sinus infections are running amok here, too (along with absent voice). Healing thoughts to both of you!
Nann said…
Were you at Black Rock? Was this the retreat that Marsha mentioned? . . . I really like both quilt designs. I can't help trying to visually work my way through a maze -- your quilt included.
Barbara Anne said…
Love the Liberty Maze quilt and it reminds me of an old Nintendo game called Pipe Dream that I enjoyed along with our two sons.

Your Baskets quilt is delightful.

Wishing your hubby well!

Hugs!
Janet O. said…
Your Great Britain memorial quilt is great--doesn't need borders.
I want a gihugic design wall. That is the best word.
The baskets are so pretty in those soft colors. And I do like that you have arranged the baskets in different ways. The Pneumonia Quilt? I understand the connection, but such a pretty quilt to be saddled with such a name? LOL
Good of you to pack up early and go nurse Himself.