Nine Baskets


My thirty-six Lemon Tree baskets are finished and I'm no less in love with them that when there were only two. 

I'm fascinated with the concept that there are these different layouts for these blocks. I thought there were two possibilities, i.e., the ones in the corners and the ones in between. Then all at once I discovered a third possibility -- the one in the center!

I will be seeking a pale solid that goes with one of the prints to use for lattice. I'm looking at yardage on line for an outer border. I'm pondering cornerstones.

Oh, and that happy guy at the bottom -- he's a friend of a friend, except the friend doesn't know it yet!

Comments

Nann said…
My preference is for the four baskets to be pointing away from one another. I do like basket blocks! (And that is a happy lemur indeed.)
Janet O. said…
You and your machine have not been idle.
I am curious to see the final setting you decide upon. But no matter what the layout, the blocks are very pretty in those fabrics.
Quiltdivajulie said…
We love sloths here - younger son has a sloth doing yoga calendar at his apartment. LOVE your baskets - they're just delightful. Hoping you are feeling some better!!
Karla said…
How cool is that. This is going to be spectacularwhen completed, because it is pretty fantastic right now!
Barbara Anne said…
Lovely! I just love the bazillion ways HSTs can be put together and these cheerful basket blocks show a few of them.

Cute sloth!

It's a dark and rainy day here. Good sewing weather. :)

Hugs!
Quayquilter said…
Two blocks good; thirty six better.