The Cleanest Cat of All?

The reader may recall that on more than one occasion I have affirmed that, truly, I would rather give a cat a bath than paper-piece.

Over the past year, thanks to a Guild mate or two, I've become somewhat more comfortable with the technique, but only somewhat.

The twenty blocks from Project 48 that I've been calling "word salad" are all finished and most of them are latticed. Before latticing the top row, I thought it was time to piece the letters to make the name of the quilt at the top. I don't know why I feel compelled to do this, but I have to do it.

It takes me about a half of a day to get back into my paper-piecing groove when I start up again. So here I am on day three, with five false starts leading to five discarded letter parts, with four letters finished and five to go. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go and print out yet another copy of the patterns for "d" and "r."

See you on the other side . . . .


Comments

Quiltdivajulie said…
Remember, you can free piece letters, too -- and I find it far less stressful than giving that cat a bath.
Janet O. said…
We do what we feel compelled to do to get the results we want. I feel your pain.
it's a learning process for sure...but comes in handy when one needs very precise piecing...which for me is a LOT of the time...
Pat said…
In gothic typeface, no less! I'm very impressed!
Barbara Anne said…
My hat is off to you as you bravely go forth to paper-piece each letter needed to satisfy your creative direction. Well done on that W!!

Hugs!
Millie said…
What Julie said. You don't HAVE to paper piece to make letters, and it's a whole lot less stressful. And much more fun, frankly.