Oaks 2019 Show: One

Today I went to the Oaks show with Kathy. I had been planning to go with Marsha, but a family emergency came up and at the last minute Kathy and I found out that each other were planning to attend.

I spent more time looking at quilts and less time visiting vendors, the opposite of how I usually divide up my show time.

It was a very good show, I thought. My guild had a very large section and the display of talent from the group was impressive. Several of our members took ribbons from the main show!

I was quite taken with this special exhibit, "Interpreting Whistler's Art in Quilts." I kept thinking of my buddy Julie and our mutual friend Lynne, both of whom are brilliant at free piecing buildings.

These buildings, of course, are totally different from the barns that they favor. But I was captivated by them.





Comments

Quiltdivajulie said…
Intriguing - but you're right. These are not my style of buildings.