Mancuso Show 2021


Today Bonnie, Marsha and I went to the Mancuso quilt show in Oaks, Pennsylvania.  Obviously, it was the first show we've attended in a very long time and that, alone, was exciting. Also exciting was that Halo Two had been accepted into the main show. It was thrilling to see it there and to overhear some pleasant comments about it.

Our Guild, Philadelphia Modern Quilt Guild, always has a special exhibit at this show, and I was fortunate to have another three of my quilts in that section. There were eight or nine other Guild members who had quilts in the main show. 

The show wasn't as crowded as I imagine the producers would have liked, but there was a respectable crowd and it was a respectful crowd, too. People were good about keeping their masks on properly and not getting too up close and personal. The lunch was surprisingly good and the drive out and back was enjoyable. It is about a scant hour in each direction, and after being the driver and walking around and around and around on that concrete floor, I was ready for a serious nap upon returning home. 

Two businesses owned by Guild members had booths and I visited them both. The one owned by Stitch Central had a prominent location and was innovative and exciting and seemed to be doing a land-office business. The other, Nature's Dye Studio, wasn't as well placed but was oh so lovely! Owner Kathy hand dyes fabrics and yarns and I just loved what she had on offer. I bought eight gorgeous fat quarters; she told me to be sure to show her pictures of what I make with them and I told her not to hold her breath because I am going to have to fondle those lovelies for a while before I dare to cut!


Another Guild member, Kathryn Jenson White, was today's featured lecturer; she shared her vast collection of abecedarian quilts in a way that had the audience engaged and giggling. 


I'll try tomorrow to post pictures of some of the quilts at the show that spoke to me. But before I sign off today, here are the three quilts that I had in the Guild's exhibit. You've likely seen them all before, but, indulge me, won't you?




Finally, here are the group from the Guild who gathered today at 1:00 as well as The Lady In The Sparkly Hat (not one of us, but I wish she was!):








Comments

Karla said…
Your quilts are an extravaganza for the eyes! All lovely. I particularly like the appliqué flowers. The lady in the sparkly hat has great taste in comfortable supportive sneaks (Hoka one). ��
Janet O. said…
How delightful to be able to gather with friends for a quilt show. That is a luscious group of hand dyed fabrics.
Your quilts look great on display. I am proud of you for entering them. That is something I still fail to do.
Your group looks fun--and the lady in the sparkly hat would fit right in!
Barbara Anne said…
Well done in have so many quilts accepted in the show! I always thought your quilts were spectacular, but it's nice for you to know that the experts think so, too!

The lady with the sparkly hat and mask must be a delight.

Hugs!
Anonymous said…
Your quilts were all beautiful. And lucky you to have gone to a quilt show. It's been so long since I've been able to go to one. Thanks for sharing.
Sue said…
Love your quilts! Thanks for sharing.
Quiltdivajulie said…
Congratulations (!!!) for having your beautiful quilts hanging in the show - isn't it such a thrill to see them in that setting?! Great post about the experience, too.