Gridlock 4 and Renovations

 

No, Renovations is not the name of my current Quilt In Progress. No.

Somehow, after only twenty-one years of living with my "studio" in disarray in one corner of our lower level, I rather unceremoniously jumped on the "Reorganize Your Studio/Destash" bandwagon last weekend. After consulting with Himself, I ordered three sets of wire storage shelves, and then went out and bought a bunch more see-through storage boxes. Joe spent much of Monday assembling the shelves after I cleaned a space for them, and bit-by-bit, I'm resettling. The place is still a godawful mess because I'm not hurrying, but I have a pretty good idea of where this is all going. This week I'll get yet more of those storage boxes and continue to move forward. No photos yet; don't even ask.

But perhaps you can see that the space in front of my design wall is now cleared of those huge tubs that used to impede access.

My other project this week has been getting Gridlock Four together. I'm mighty pleased with it.


Comments

Janet O. said…
Great looking quilt!
I am not asking for photos, but organization of spaces makes me happy, so I am excited for you!
Well that was fast getting the Gridlock Four sewn together! It looks great. Is there any chance you have photos of one through three?

I hope you have fun re-doing your space. Being organized feels so good.
Mystic Quilter said…
Just catching up now - what a finish, Gridlock 4 is a beauty.
Quiltdivajulie said…
Like Wanda said,I would also love to see your earlier versions of Gridlock. Your current v4 is gorgeous! Hooray for sorting and resettling the stash/studio. I have just culled a dozen or so books from my library and am wishing I had a Quilty-new-home for them rather than the thrift store. But off my shelves is the main goal. Good luck with your project!
Barbara Anne said…
Gridlock 4 is a beauty and well done in getting it together!
Enjoy bring your organizing ideas to reality and I wish you the energy to see it to completion. My wee sewing room is a disaster but I can still sew and I cannot move the walls. Sigh.

Hugs!
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
Getting ones'self organized can be such a liberating feeling; I understand that, but it's the getting there that hurts! I know. I know. You're smart not to over-do it all at one time. I love Gridlock 4!