Bee Update

I've been terribly remiss in posting the. monthly Bee blocks. April is the last month for the current round, so I thought I would take some time now to catch up on what I've made for my mates.

Jenny created her very own paper pieced owl, called Owl Pacino, which was a wonderful block featuring an owl with a major attitude. Alas, it was too difficult for me to make. Jenny graciously allowed for any two bright blocks that would be nice in a kid's quilt. I provided a whale and a snail.


It was fun to pick out the colors for these. And, yes, they did eventually get sewn together!


I can't remember if I shared these blocks for Kathy previously. She asked for any two among three designs. I passed on the cat but thoroughly enjoyed the mouse and the fish.



Gryz needed Lady of the Lake blocks. They were fun and easy. And I did make two.


Susan requested stars in traditional Christmas colors.


One member was sick during Susan's month, so I made blocks for her.


I can't wait to see Tricia's Nordic stars all together in a quilt!


Finally, my own choice. I'm looking forward to making a donation quilt from the bright pinwheels I'll receive in April.


 

Comments

Barbara Anne said…
What a great bee project! Everyone will be so pleased to have a number of finished blocks in her chosen colors and be well on her way to a finished quilt, courtesy of her bee friends!

I love the blocks you've made, and especially those stars. Is there a pattern for those stars (she asks has she has merely 4 current projects and uncounted UFOs)?

Hugs!
Nann said…
So your bee project is that one person chooses the block or theme for each month? I like the paper-pieced critters.