Blur Update

Yes, thank you, I'm still alive. And I'm happy to say goodbye to February which brought us some health issues, some worries, some turmoil, and some funerals.

All of those are resolved at present. And we have a good March to look forward to: a trip to visit a son (or two), a visit from a dear friend, a small trip South for Himself, and a quilt retreat (yay!) for moi.

I continue to work on Blur, for about an hour at a time, and here's where it is at present. Improv straight lines have never been my strength. I like where it's going and think a more dignified name might help its prospects. All ideas will be carefully considered.

In other news, the Bee block that the Queen chose for February was beyond my skill level (or perhaps I was just dulled from all of the above) and I begged for an alternative. The Queen was lovely and gracious and understanding and recommended I make two blocks that would go nicely in a bright quilt for a kid. So I did.



Comments

Quiltdivajulie said…
Illumination or some variant of that word? Glad March is looking to be a healthier/better month than the one that just ended. Take care, friend.
Janet O. said…
Well, I am glad you have come out of February with issues resolved. Sorry to hear it was a troubling month.
First thing your Blur quilt made come to my mind was my DIL's painter's palette, but I don't know that Palette is the right name for this, either. However, I do love the colors you are using. It is very pleasing.
Barbara Anne said…
Your lovely colorful quilt reminds me of the word "Exuberance".

Hope March is a delightful month for you and your family and that the sorrows and difficulties of February drift away.

Hugs!
Quayquilter said…
How about "Map" - that's what it looked like to me.
Anonymous said…
EMERGENCE. We are emerging from the pandemic and the world is brighter and full of color. People dread February, but it is my birth month and my brothers, so it is not so dreaded. So sorry it was a troubling month for you. March forward with a good attitude and delight will follow. Dotti in CT
Lori said…
Glad you guys are doing better. Always good to have some fun outings on the calendar! Take care!