Mancuso Show 2023



My guild, the Philadelphia Modern Quilt Guild, has a special display each year at the Mancuso Show. It always includes the quilts from a particular challenge (usually 18" quilts) and this year that part was to use the Pantone color of the year and just one additional color. I don't usually participate in this particular challenge. The other part of our special exhibit is quilts that members made during the past year that have been juried in by a jury of Guild members. The talent in our group is impressive and our jurors have a good eye, not just in selecting the quilts but also in deciding how to display them.

On each of the four days of the show, at an appointed time, Guild members in attendance pose for a group photo. This was Friday's group.

This year, I didn't take as many photographs at the shows as I usually do.




My friend Natalie made this quilt. I took a photo of it because I need to study it and figure out exactly what she did in this very bright quilt. Covid prevented Natalie from attending the show this year.


This is Halo 3, my quilt that was juried-in this year. The blocks are all hand-pieced and the quilt is assembled by machine. This is the third of -- so far -- five Halo quilts I've made from Jen Kingwell's pattern of the same name. This one began with a FQ pack of a particular line of Jen's own fabrics.

I sat and looked at this striking quilt for a long time to figure out how it had been designed. I realized that there are only two blocks in the quilt:  3-part rail fence and half-square triangle. They are manipulated this way and that. And also that way and this!

 

Cybele made this quilt and I just love her use of saturated color. I took a picture because I wanted more time to look at it.

Comments

Quayquilter said…
Well done for your entry and thank you for sharingthese inspiring pictures.
Anonymous said…
I liked all the quilts pictured. I would have never figured out the black and white quilt - thanks for the hints. Thanks for sharing.
Nann said…
And your Christmas in Lancaster was in the show! (My friend Janet was there and posted photos of both your entries.)
Barbara Anne said…
Delightful eye candy to the max! I appreciate your analysis of the black/white quilt and I wonder how long it took the maker to work with the block units to achieve that interesting layout?!

Well done for having quilts juried into this show, too!!

Hugs!
Millie Quilts said…
That black and white beauty is quite a balancing act!
Janet O. said…
A great group photo. Lovely quilts on display. Still am trying to wrap my brain around you having made FIVE Halo quilts! You go, girl! :)
I enjoyed your description of the quilts.
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
Beautiful group and wonderful, inspiring quilts to ponder over. Your Halo quilt is simply terrific, befitting an angel such as yourself.