Bessie: Criss Cross Applesauce

Those cross blocks (the ones that look like Xs) were my second effort. There are eight of them, and Emma's recipe called for assorted low volumes, stripes, and centers. I had had enough low volumes for the time being, but I loved the stripes. I chose navy rather than black. 

There are eight of these crosses, and I thought to fussy cut those tiny centers for a bit of whimsy. 

Grays rather than low volumes made up the greater part of the blocks. Rather than lots of grays, I chose four.

I considered two ways to lay them out.

And then I sewed them by hand in front of the last few episodes of Doc Martin, Season 10.






 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just love that you are handpiecing. I have never done that but have spent much of my older age in the comfort of applique and redwork. May our hands hold out! love, sherry
Judi said…
Don't you miss those shots of glorious West Country coast when you are hand piecing?

The blocks look wonderful - how exciting!
Juliann in WA said…
I am pondering some hand stitched blocks in a Jen Kingwell quilt. Those Australian quilters have such a lovely style.
Quiltdivajulie said…
Loving that black and white stripe!! Your color palette is wonderful for this quilt.