Jenny's Quilt


Last year when it was my turn to be Queen Bee, I asked the worker bees to make Granny Squares blocks for me, using greens, blues, and purples (yellow-green through red-violet on the color wheel).

They were happy to oblige, providing almost twenty of the forty-nine blocks I needed. I made the rest out of stash and scraps.

Our niece, Jenny, has had a couple of really difficult years and we've both been concerned about her. When we saw her last summer, all of that had changed: she has a wonderful new partner, a good job, and a new career goal. She was planning to return to college to get a degree in an entirely different field.

The two of them came to visit us while I was on hiatus from sewing due to my knee surgery. Jenny had a semester under her belt and life was good. I told her, "I'm not going to worry about you anymore."

This quilt is for her/them, in celebration.

Comments

Quiltdivajulie said…
Beautiful - for all the best reasons!
Nann said…
Granny Squares are a design that says care and comfort. And best wishes to Jenny!
Barbara Anne said…
The quilt and it's colors look like a celebration! Sort of a Mardi Gras vibe with other happy colors thrown in for pizazz. Jenny deserves such a celebration about her bold new direction. Wishing her satisfaction and joy ahead!

Hugs!
Vicki W said…
What a beautiful quilt and a great celebration for Jenny!