Just Peachy, Daniel

Low blog volume this week due, in part, to being very busy each day and having to go out for something or the other every single night. I tell you, TGIF will be shouted from the hilltops here when it finally arrives. On Wednesday night, going through some sort of sewing withdrawal, I claimed 30 minutes at the Bernina, latticing some blocks, more about which Someday. I seriously hope to have a good chunk of uninterrupted stitching sometime over the coming weekend.

I do have one good story to share.

One morning this week I had a Very Important Visitor (we'll call her Marsha) and a colleague (and he could be Daniel) waiting in my office to meet with the head of the school. He was delayed a bit, so I offered the guests some coffee from the newly acquired Keurig machine (don't get me started). The Very Important Visitor thanked me and declined, saying, "Oh, I have the best husband in the world! He makes the coffee every morning. And brings me a cup!" Not to be outdone, I piped up, "Well, my husband cuts up fresh fruit every morning for breakfast, carefully selected not only for flavor but for how the combination will look in the bowl!" Marsha nodded appreciatively. Daniel looked as though he was going to try to crawl under his chair.

"Don't worry," I told him. "If you are nice to us, we won't tell your wife."


Comments

Barbara Anne said…
What a hoot!! Perhaps "Daniel" learned a bit about what to do for his wife that will put him up there with Marsha's DH and you DH as another "Best Husband in the World"!

MY DH cooks dinner every night so he's right up there, too!!

Hugs!
LizA. said…
Poor Daniel. I'll bet that's one conversation that did not get related to his wife. Thanks for the chuckle.
Deb said…
Funny - poor guy. So, go ahead and get started about the Keurig, want to know your thoughts. I've been thinking about getting one for a while now.
suz said…
too funny - poor Daniel, but maybe he wife got coffee the next morning!
I'm with Deb about the Keurig - I'd like to know what you think of it. I have a large coffee maker at home, but now I'm the only one there most of the time and I've been thinking about getting one of those.
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
Very, very funny! Waiting on your Keurig thoughts too...