New Year Lies Ahead

I may have written before that I've never been big on New Year's Resolutions. I see them pretty much as setting oneself up for failure. One of the graphics I found said that New Year's Resolutions are a to-do list for the first week of January. I liked that.

So, anyway, I'm not making any New Year's Resolutions.

But I am going to order the Inklingo products for the Improved Nine Patch Block. And I'm going to do it before the current year ends! And another thing I'm going to do before this year ends is dig out the Emily Cier book Quilt Remix and open it to the Pinwheels page and take out some new fabric. So there.


Comments

Susan said…
Sounds like a plan! My "resolutions" are more lists of things I want to finish than things I want to change. I make a list around my birthday in August and then use January as a checkpoint.

Have been having some trouble getting comments to post for your blog (problem seems to be with my iPad app) so I'm glad this one seems to be working.

Happy new year!
LizA. said…
Sounds like a great way to end one year and ring in another......here's to a bright, happy, healthy New Year.
Quiltdivajulie said…
I am so totally with you on the "no resolutions" bandwagon . . .

January is a fresh page on the calendar, just like each of the other 11 months. However, this year's studio calendar photos will feature gardens and paths (instead of porches and Tula Pink's crazy patchwork architecture).
Barbara Anne said…
Good for you!!! With good plans, who needs resolutions?

I plan ...
* to make one quilt from my sweetly beribboned bundles of fabrics (some have patterns tucked under the ribbon)
* to make one blue/white quilt
* to make a Snail's Trail quilt of some size because I've always wanted to
* to finish one UFO because I want to.

I'll have to look for the book "Quilt Remix" as I think that sounds veddy interesting - envision Henry Gibson on his tricycle between Laugh-In skits. Oh, no! I must be old to remember that!

Hugs!
Janet O. said…
Here's to no resolutions!
I love the improved 9-patch block. I will watch for yours with interest. That is, of course, assuming that you plan to do more than just order the products. : )
AnnieO said…
Right On!

Love the first week of January to do list quote :) I simply renew an annual list that I subsequently ignore, lol! Happy stitching!
Karla said…
How do you spell failure? I spell it R E S O L U T I O N S!

I stopped making them years ago. It is so freeing. Makes the New Year less intimidating.

Happy New Year Nancy!