Covid-19 Sewing (6)

This is the latest batch of Steam Punk blocks, the (so far) major quilt project of the Covid-19 Era.

I cut and mark a block or two each day and put the pieces in a little bin next to my chair in the living room. Then, in the evening while I watch television or streamed content with Joe, I hand piece. With all of this practice, I have become proficient. And my left forefinger has a fine callus!

The Plan: 41 blocks. Each block has a different background. There are three more fabrics in each block. A fabric may be used in no more than two blocks. If a fabric is used a second time, it must be a different element (wedge, arc, or circle) from the first use. These are not Ms. Kingwell's rules; they are mine. My finished project will not have the partial blocks that the pattern calls for.

I am fortunate in that there are three fabric vendors in my Guild, and this morning I ordered background and sashing from one of them. Delivery is notoriously quick and it will be here long before I am ready to use it.

Math isn't my best subject, but I believe I need 17 more blocks, two of which are currently in the little in-progress bin. So there are 15 to plan and cut.

I thought I would go ahead and put them all up on the wall together so I can see what colors I might need more of. It seems to me that there is enough of that green.

Clicking on the photos will enlarge them if you want to see the details of the fabrics.


Comments

Quiltdivajulie said…
LOVELY -- and yes, there is plenty of the green unless you want a bit of it in each block somewhere as a unifier. Have fun picking your combinations. And happy stitching.
Barbara Anne said…
How delightful these blocks are. I think your rules will make the quilt even better. Enjoy choosing the fabrics for the remainder of the blocks.

I need to get in your habit of working on something as I watch TV in the evenings. I used to do that all of the time when I was doing cross stitch. I have two applique projects I could work on and I want to take the papers off of the back of my Quilt Smart Lone Star UFO.

Hugs!