Retreat: Spring, 2022

I spent last weekend in Lancaster County with five of my quilting buddies. We arrived early on Thursday afternoon and left for home late on Sunday morning. In between we ate, we drank, and we were merry. We took some naps, too. 

I made these ten blocks for my pineapple quilt that I hope to live long enough to finish. Each block finishes at eight inches and contains forty-nine pieces. If my math is correct, I'll need 100 or 120; I'll fine-tune that later on. My bed is queen size.

They are a good project for a retreat where one is apt to be distracted easily. They are kind of a mindless, muscle-memory project.

When the first ten were finished, I made ten more. Now I have a total of 38 completed.


When I came home from retreat, I was doing a little re-organizing of the studio and came across a big stack of itsy-bitsy nine patch blocks. My belief is that Ruth made them from batik fabric I had passed along to her and that when they were made she passed them along to either Bonnie or Helen who, in turn, passed them along to me.

No more of that! I had some pretty purple languishing about and used it for the setting blocks.

This piece measures 36 x 36 inches and is certainly an atypical baby quilt. But I like it so much!


Comments

quilltnurs said…
Are you paper piecing your pineapple blocks? They are stunning!
Karla said…
Wow! Those blocks for the pineapple quilt are so cool! They look very complicated. As for the atypical, I love the colors. It is a great baby quilt.
Barbara Anne said…
What a wonderful, jazzy project your Pineapple quilt is and the layout of the colors is stellar!

Good use of the wee 9 Patch blocks and I agree, it will be a wonderful baby quilt, or table topper or wall quilt for your home!

Hugs!
Quiltdivajulie said…
The black and white and red is stunning - you have far more patience than I do.