Retreat! October, 2022

 

A small group of us retreated this past weekend and I worked on a few different things.

We were missing some of our regular retreatists but somehow managed to muddle through.

These blocks are part of a project inspired by a Facebook group called Molli Sparkles and the Glitterati; I believe I wrote about them earlier.

I have some idea where this is going, but it is going to take a while. Some of the blocks were ones that Molli suggested and others were my own ideas.

I've never done a medallion quilt before, so this is a first for me and I think I'm going to like it a lot!

You can click on the photo to make it bigger.

This quilt was dangerously close to finished flimsy stage before I went on retreat. All that was lacking was one row of blocks and the border, so that was my first task

I've bought backing and set aside fabric for binding so now it can go in the queue to be quilted.

Again, you can click on the photo to see the fabrics, if you like. They are awfully nice.


Comments

Nann said…
Are you still retreating a Black Rock or have you found a new location? TYou've chosen such a vibrant colorway for the Molli Medallion project!
Barbara Anne said…
Am glad to hear that you and your friends can still go on retreat for the delight of it all.

Your fabric choices for both the in process medallion quilt and the wonderful flimsy are just perfect! Applause!!

Hugs!
Janet O. said…
Oh, I could use a retreat any time now! Lucky you. Haven't had one since January of 2020.
Your first medallion quilt? Well, it is going to be a stunner. Your fabrics almost seem to have that "black light" glow!
Those are good fabrics choices in the nearly finished quilt. Anytime I can have a shade of purple and a shade of green, I am happy. Throw in a nice mustardy-gold color, and I positively purr. Nice job, Nancy.