Halo Four

Last month seven shops Not Far From Philadelphia (including two that are actually In Philadelphia) held a shop hop. I think I wrote about it earlier, although I don't believe I shared any of my spoils. I'd started with a four-pack of Tilda FQs and a handful of Tilda's delicious solids and hauled them around with me as we hopped, gathering FQs that I thought would play nicely with what I carried.

Then these goodies rested for a couple of weeks while I thought about what they might turn into. During the event, I had asked my fellow hoppers, "Where do you start? Do you begin with a pattern or an idea and then choose your fabrics? Or do you take a group of fabrics that are drop-dead gorgeous together and then decide what to do with them?" Y'all already know which side of the fence I come down on.

Well, I had something else up on my wall and I needed something for in front of the television (we were watching "Bad Sisters" [highest recommendation for those with twisted minds] and the Phillies were doing their thing and Sunday nights had not one but two new mystery series and I couldn't just sit there empty-handed, now could I?) In the past year I've made three Halo quilts (two finished, one in flimsy stage) and I guess I just didn't think I'd gotten my money's worth out of those templates. Or something. I started cutting and the Phillies pressed on and Annika got involved with the new unit and the Bad Sisters  . . . .  well, I'm not going to tell you what they were up to. I drew lines and matched arcs and pies and surrounded squares with Tilda's solid triangles and before I knew it I had fifteen blocks finished and about five waiting in the bullpen (or would that be the on-deck circle? -- never mind, the Series is over and the Phillies came in second).

These are my colors. And I'm liking it a lot. More than half of these blocks have fussy-cut centers. You can see them by clicking on the photo. And stay tuned as this develops!

 

Comments

Carolyn said…
Oh, I love that... the Phillies came in second. It was a great run and so unexpected this year. So much fun! Love the colors and that block, it's going to be a beauty!
Quiltdivajulie said…
Your colors are very close to my colors … love what you are doing with Halo 4.
Janet O. said…
I do love this color palette. I find it very soothing.
This post had me going back and reading your history with the Halo pattern, which also took me to the Steam Punk pattern. You have obviously overcome your hesitancy with Jen Kingwell patterns. And you certainly do them justice!
Hubby had been rooting for the Phillies, and even when he has been out of town, I kept the games on low in the background just to show my support. :)
Anonymous said…
Wonderful, you get A+ for "uses time wisely".

And yes, it was nice that the Phillies surprised everyone by getting into the series, a surprise win would have been even better, but I am also happy about Dusty finally getting a ring.

Ceci
Barbara Anne said…
Delicious fabrics and colors and well done in getting 15 blocks together in one evening! Halo 4 will be a flimsy before you know it.
What channel(s) are "Bad Sisters" and the two mysteries on?

Hugs!
Judi said…
It looks as though you are having a wonderful time putting fabrics together. I think, when quilters put a large selection of fabrics together like this, you really see their personalities coming through - and also their skill at instinctively combining colours and designs.
I think you have done a great job!
Sorry that the Phillies didn't win, but they did a great job, too.....and the Eagles are still flying!
Mystic Quilter said…
Oh your colours here are beautiful, very relaxing and calming and I love the design.