Christmas Mysteries


The other day while I was wasting time looking around on Facebook, I noticed that someone had posted a picture of a Christmas tree that was made of those plastic flamingos that often are found enhancing a front yard for some special occasion. I was mystified. Why would someone make a "tree" from flamingos? And have it somehow be Christmasy?

We've driven out to our daughter's house a couple of times recently and have noticed several yards decorated with Minions, Minions wearing Santa hats and sometimes associated with presents or stockings or even chimneys. What I don't know about Minions would fill several volumes, I'm sure, but what the heck am I missing here? How did these creatures become part of Christmas decor?


Anybody?






 

Comments

Barbara Anne said…
Flamingos? You've got me there, but I do find Minions hysterically funny. Minions for Christmas still make me smile but they are way off the beaten path.

Hugs!
Quiltdivajulie said…
I went looking online because I have wondered the same things. Just sent you an email with links.
Anonymous said…
My theory on the flamingo tree (to which I am strangely attracted) is that the incongruity makes it funny?
I've got nothing on the minions!

ceci