Lancaster Diamond: The Fabrics

Well, I'm firm in my decision to use "A Woodland Christmas" for my Lancaster Diamonds effort. You may be able to enlarge this picture by clicking on it. You'll want to see all of these wonderful only-Liberty-could-do-it prints and you can also see them here. They aren't that tana lawn that we generally associate with Liberty; they are down-to-earth quilting grade cottons.

There are 22 fat quarters of the prints. I've cut little snips off the corners and am going to get half yards of various solids in the palette. I'm thinking pale green for the "background" and medium green for the "cornerstone" diamonds.

This is all rather odd for me: (1) In general, I dislike Christmas fabrics and (2) I almost never make a quilt from just one line of fabric (not counting the solids) and (3) I very seldom copy the layout of another quilt. 

But, then, I'm just getting started here, so who knows what will happen!
 

Comments

Quiltdivajulie said…
I love this grouping of fabrics - wintery but not cutesy. This is going to be an adventure - in oh, so many ways.
Barbara Anne said…
These cheery and softly Christmas/winter fabrics with your chosen greens will be delightful. I look forward to seeing your progress in the coming year.

Hugs!
Nann said…
Good marketing decision by Liberty to use their designs on quilters' greige goods. The assortment is beautiful! I will be cheering you on in 2023!