Dresdens for Reagan

My grand niece is graduating high school this month and will be headed off to her first choice college in a couple of months. 

She requested I use the small-patterned blue Pokemon fabric and while it wasn't to my taste, I bought a couple of yards and then began to fret about just what to do.

I'm very fond of the Dresden plate block and equally fond of the process of making it, and I needed a hand-work project for my evenings, so I found some FQs that picked up the colors in the Pokemon print and started piecing. It's not a bed-size quilt; rather, it is the sort that gets folded at the bottom of the bed and pulled up for a nap.

Congratulations, Reagan, and best of luck at Moravian!





 

Comments

Mrs. Goodneedle said…
Nancy, it’s beautiful! You certainly rose to the challenge and succeeded wonderfully. What a treasure. Congrats to the graduate!
Barbara Anne said…
What a delightful quilt you've made for Reagan and think you chose the most useful size for it, too. Wishing her well at college.

Hugs!
Quiltdivajulie said…
Our grandson is besotted with Pokemon. I wonder if he will still be so when he's a HS senior? Best wishes to Reagan and kudos to you for a spectacular quilt.